Sunday, May 23, 2010

Major gratitude


While this is pretty off-topic, I just had to share--it's really the least I can do. In the past month I started having a lot of trouble with my 4-year old MacBook laptop. At first it wasn't waking up from sleep--which was annoying, but not the end of the world. I took it into the Apple Store, and the 'geniuses' decided to send it in for a repair. Despite the fact that I wasn't under warranty, they didn't charge me since they said it could have been related to an earlier repair. When I got it back, they had done some major work, and even installed the newest operating system. Fantastic! Unfortunately, it had immediately developed a new, and much worse problem--it would shut down randomly and without warning.

I took it back in, and they replaced a couple parts, again free of charge. I took it home, and it still had the same shut-down problem. At this point, I was a bit worried and annoyed--my problem was so much worse after the repair, that it rendered my computer basically unusable. I brought it in a third time, and without my even asking, they decided to give me a brand-new MacBook, free of charge! I figured I was completely out of luck, and that maybe I could beg them for a discount, but in my wildest dreams I didn't think they'd give me a brand new computer. So awesome. While I certainly never wavered in my love of Apple computers, this experience has certainly showed me that they are a company deserving of my trust and loyalty.

4 comments:

Where the nodding violets grow said...

Aren't apple excellent. I don't know where I would be without my macbook. How lovely to have one working again.

glongley said...

I so want one!!!!!!!!!!!

Wendolene said...

Wow--what service! I just had to say goodbye to my old PowerBook, too, and although I didn't get service anywhere near as good as what you describe, I don't think I could ever make the switch back from a Mac.

Carolyn said...

Hi Meghan, what a great story, and true to many other positive Apple customer service stories. Last New Year's Eve our desktop Mac died--the electrical part failed. We took it in at the next available opportunity and they fixed it right up. Thankfully the hard drive was still intact. Hooray for your new laptop!! Oh, and as you can see I am just now catching up on your bog. :) Hugs.