Monday, October 6, 2008

Vintage inspired Joy

[click any image to enlarge]

I finally finished sewing up my Joy cardigan, from Vintage Knits. It turned out pretty well for the most part. I really like the way the stitch pattern changes at the waist--I think that makes it a flattering fit. I also like the subtlety of the chevron pattern. However, the fit around the arms is a bit funny on this sweater. I might suggest that it has to do with my yarn substitution, but I think I've noticed similar fit issues on other knitters who have made this pattern.


Overall, not too shabby, and I could use a few more lightweight cardigans in my wardrobe.


I found some cute little square shell buttons for this one. [Ravelry link]

9 comments:

LynS said...

What a perfect cardi! And it looks great on you. There is also something very apt about photographing a retro cardigan in the kitchen.

Linda said...

Your cardi is great. I have that pattern book and have always liked that sweater. Lovely colour too.

jillian said...

It looks faboo! Love the color.

Anonymous said...

it's a great sweater, i love it! i am seriously lacking in lightweight hand-knit sweaters. you can never have too many.

Hilary said...

Beautiful! Any funny fit issues are completely unapparent to me. I've had my eye on that pattern for awhile, and you have inspired me to search for some yarn now.

P.S. Your last post before this one was great! You got a fellowship to travel the world and study spices? You are my hero!

Teresa said...

It looks lovely! I've never seen that vintage pattern book before - I must search it out now :)
I've been looking for a pattern I can use a lightweight yarn to knit. This just might be it.

Celia said...

Love your kitchen!!!!
And also the knitted project but REALLY love your kitchen, lol...

Celina said...

I love it! I think it fits perfectly! I'm so thrilled because I have that book and I love all the patterns you've knitted. I'm just waiting for getting the proper yarn to knit them too.

Fun is always in style. said...

Joy is an accomplishment...I'm working on a seamless sport weight version inspired by this pattern.