Sunday, April 13, 2008

Zimmerman Love

I just purchase my second knitting book by Elizabeth Zimmerman, Knitting Without Tears. Although the name makes it sound like it is strictly for beginners, don't be fooled! Zimmerman discusses a variety of techniques useful for beginners and the experienced alike. I'm looking forward to trying her invisible cast-on and the afterthought buttonhole. The real reason I bought this, though, were the clear instructions for how to knit seamless raglan, saddle shoulder, and other sweater styles in any gauge. I'm going to be reading this carefully before I start on my next pattern project, which will [hopefully] be a hybrid of an asymmetrical yoke and seamless raglan sleeves. I've been trying to figure out the geometry of it in my head, but I think I'll need a pencil and paper for this one!

No comments: