Sunday, August 5, 2007

Chocolate Weekend

Here are some of the delicious results of Chocolate Weekend 2007. This was my second attempt at truffle making with friends, and I'm very pleased our efforts! We made a strawberry-balsamic-white chocolate ganache (topped with pine nuts, at left), an amaretti ganache, honey sponge candy (like Cadbury Crunchie bars or Violet Crumble), and chocolate dipped pretzels with crumbs of sponge candy (below). The process is somewhat tricky--tempering chocolate is not terribly intuitive--but I enjoyed it, and I think I'd like to give it a try on my own soon. I'm always up for a good challenge--especially when it ends in a pretty and tasty reward. For those of you interested in the recipes, they came from the best chocolate book I have come across, Chocolates & Confections.


No comments: